The UV Index is a rating system adopted from the World Health Organization, as a way of describing the amount of UVR at the earth’s surface.
- The higher the number, the stronger the UV levels and the less time it takes for the sun to damage the skin.
- The UV index can help to determine what precautions should be taken in the sun for that day.
- Sun protection measures should be taken anytime the UV index is 3 or higher.
- UV Index can reach up to 10 in Canada and higher in other parts of the world.
- Ensure to check the daily forecast for the UV Index and protect your skin accordingly.